Understanding the D.I.S.C. Personality Assessment and How It Can Enhance Communication in Your Organization
Duration: 60 Minutes
Communication is a two-way process to exchange ideas. We communicate in order to elicit some type of response. Some examples of a response could be more knowledge, a specific action, or some type of emotion. Understanding the D.I.S.C. profile will help understand the four different personality type and how they like to receive information.
Do you have a clear understanding of how to communicate with others? If you could exploit your communication style what would it mean to results at your company?
Objectives of the Presentation
- Not able to connect with others at work?
- Have a feeling that your communications and interactions are somewhat lacking?
- Ever left a meeting disappointed with the discussion and the result?
Imagine a scenario in which you had a tool to enable you to better comprehend and communicate with your work partners in a way that they could "hear" you. DISC is that device! Go along with us for this fun and intuitive session where you'll recognize your essential behavioral style and speculate others. Learn how to converse with others so they'll tune in to what you have to say.
Why Should you Attend
Did you know that
- 70% of small to mid-size businesses claim communication is their primary problem. A business with 100 employees spends an average downtime of 17 hours a week clarifying communications. This translates in an annual cost of $528,443.00.
- Miscommunication can cost an organization 25% to 40% of its annual budget more than 80% of projects are late, over budget, short of expectations, or simply undelivered as a result of poor communication at the outset.
Correct communication does matter. Understanding the different ways people perceive information will you craft the right message. The use of DISC Assessments will provide insights into building effective communication skills. It provides non-judgmental results that help people communicate to a greater degree as they discover and discuss their behavioral differences.
Who will Benefit
- Know the STRENGTHS of your own personality style and how to use them
- How to understand another person's motivation style
- How to communicate with the 4 personality types
- Strategies to lead or motivate the 4 personality types
- HR Professionals
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor