Understanding Workplace Bullying: For Workplace Investigators
Duration: 60 Minutes
flat 50% off on this webinar
Workplace bullying can include frequent yelling, manipulation of work, nasty emails, social isolation, and a host of other negative behaviors that can severely damage your organization. In this practical webinar, you'll learn how to eliminate workplace bullying from your company.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- A clear definition of bullying and three types of bullying behavior
- A better understanding of "bullies" and why they engage in bullying
- A discussion about the differences and stark similarities between workplace bullying, harassment, and violence
- A simple model of bullying, highlighting that it is a social phenomenon with a variety of roles being played
- A series of questions to ask, in order to gain important insight about the bullying during an investigation
- Insight into the language targets use when recounting bullying, so as to more easily recognize workplace bullying in investigations
- Information about a proven coaching method for "bullies," so that it may be offered as a recommendation
According to several studies, 35% of the workforce encounters bullies at work and workplace investigators are often finding bullying, instead of harassment or discrimination, when investigating hostile work environment complaints.
Workplace bullying is systematic psychological abuse that degrades and humiliates, and causes anxiety, depression, burnout, and lower levels of job satisfaction in targets and bystanders. Bullying includes frequent yelling, manipulation of work, nasty emails, social isolation, and a host of other negative behaviors. Of course, organizations' bottom lines suffer in turnover, communication breakdown, reduced quality in work, poor customer service and more.
Who will Benefit
- Business Consultants
- Small Business Owners
- Risk Management
- Employee Relations
- Employment law attorneys
- In-house general counsel