Why Should you Attend:
This advanced webinar is aimed at all companies involved in the manufacture, advertising and sale of foods and beverages (including external advisors and consultants) that do business, or want to do business, in Canada.
These companies should be aware of the strict rules around the Canadian food label, and the penalties for being found offside these rules so that appropriate business decisions can be made. More and more, the food industry is innovating and pushing the boundaries, it is important that businesses be able to take appropriate risks to keep up with the competition without losing focus of the rules and restrictions.
An error can be costly: Health Canada's enforcement provisions include the ability to impose strict penalties and jail time, order a stop sale and/or product recall. The costs of doing business are becoming increasingly high, but for companies that can navigate the system appropriately, the benefits of innovative marketing campaigns are numerous.
Objectives of the Presentation:
This webinar highlights
Who can Benefit:
- The Regulator and Relevant Legislation, which includes: Health Canada and the CFIA, the Food and Drugs Act and its Regulations, the Consumer Packaging and Labeling Act, Commodity-Specific Legislation.
- Core Labeling Requirements
- Label Claims which includes: Regulated Health Claims, General Health Claims, Ingredient Claims, Other Hot Topics In Food Labeling.
- Compliance Verification, Enforcement Measures
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all personnel working within any food or beverage company that advertises or markets product in Canada, such as:
- Regulatory Affairs
- Business Development
- Legal Department
- External consultants who advise for food and beverage companies