Stepping Up to Management: Tips for New or Soon-to-Be Supervisors
Duration: 60 Minutes
In this informative webinar, you'll learn what's involved in transitioning to a supervisory position, including the basic components of every management position, the inherent challenges faced by newer supervisors, the many roles and task that supervisors must fulfill, and the traits that make someone a good candidate to succeed as a supervisor. In short, we'll clarify what you can expect as a new manager and provide you with tips for success!
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- What to expect when transitioning to a supervisory role
- The four functions of management
- Three categories of managerial skills: technical, human, and conceptual
- Roles and tasks of managers
- The rewards and drawbacks of being a supervisor
- Key characteristics of effective managers
- Practical tips for success as a supervisor
Are you ready to transition to a management position? Find out what changes you can expect when you step up into a supervisory role and learn what steps you can take to convince your employer that you're ready.
Some people move into management positions without realizing just what they are getting into. Whether this sounds like you, or if you're getting ready to become a manager or you're wondering if a supervisory career path is right for you, this training session is for you.
Who will Benefit
- New supervisors/managers/team leaders
- People preparing to move into a supervisory role
- Experienced managers/supervisors/team leaders who can benefit from a refresher
- HR Professionals
- Career development professionals
- Succession planning professionals
- Talent development professionals
- Talent management professionals
- Small business owners