Rolling Forecast: Best Practices
Duration: 75 Minutes
The ability of a business to look into the future provides a better basis for more strategic decision making in the present. Rolling Forecast provide such a window into the future to support present decisions. To successfully implement a Rolling Forecast framework it is necessary to follow best practices established by others that have done so with great success. This webinar examines 10 proven best practices to create a framework that supports better strategic and operational planning for the future and key decisions made at the present. We will examine best practices to implement Rolling Forecasts built on driver-based and project-based planning.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Why Rolling Forecasts are critical in today's turbulent business environment
- Creating a vision of the future to make better more strategic decisions for the present
- Using driver-based and project-based planning to create a better decision making framework
- Allowing Executives and Key Decision Makers to see both a financial and operational vision of the future
- Helping to understand next steps in the execution of the plan
- Understanding the critical pivot points in the plan
- Better judging the impact the economy may have on the plan
- Making it all happen with ten best practices
Rolling Forecasts are the wave of the future. They are rapidly replacing traditional budgeting techniques due to the turbulence and uncertainty of the business environment. Implementation can be complex and challenging. It will help to understand and follow proven best practices to ensure implementation is successful. This Webinar provides a proven framework for the successful implementation of Rolling Forecasts in the 10 best practices provided.
Who can Benefit
- The need for technology and productivity tools to handle the functionality of the best practices
- Understanding your objectives of creating rolling forecasts
- Identifying rolling forecasts periods and duration for planning and "what If" data considerations
- Identify the rolling forecast comparison periods
- Understanding & Analyzing the dynamics of revenue, expense and their related drivers in your business
- Planning strategic capital and strategic projects separately from the Rolling Forecast
- Scaled implementation to ensure greater success
- Rolling Forecast as your baseline plan
- Tying your Rolling Forecast to your strategic plan
- Analyzing and understanding how external conditions impact the financial performance of your company
CFO, COO, Controllers, Accounting Mangers, Cost Center Managers, Budget & Resource Managers, Financial & Budget Analyst, Business Owners & Managers, Entrepreneurs, anyone responsible for planning and management of resources.
The turbulent business environment has made it very difficult for businesses to plan and predict the future. Traditional methods of relying on data driven solutions from the past are no longer relevant in today's constantly changing environment. Companies are converting to Rolling Forecast as a way of coping with these constant changes and using key business drivers rather than past data to plan and allocate resources via their operating budget. Implementation of Rolling Forecast platform is a complete departure from traditional budgeting tools and techniques. Best practices are designed for a smooth and efficient implementation of Rolling Forecasts.