Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Quick overview of ERM key definitions and the three ongoing phases
- Learn about the Risk Assessment Process and key steps
- How to identify and assess your bank's risks using the ERM Risk Assessment Matrix
- Characteristics of Risk Assessments based on industry best practices
- How to develop appropriate Risk Assessment Criteria
- How to prioritize your bank's risks once identified
- What is the Risk Assessment System (RAS)
- A quick overview of Model Risk Management
- How to complete the IT Risk Assessment
- How to complete the Internal Controls Risk Assessment
Financial Institutions provide great value to the American economy. But that value comes with risks. Strategic-minded institutions do not strive to eliminate risk or even to minimize it - they strive to manage risk at the enterprise-wide level. These institutions seek to manage risk exposure so that, at any given time, they incur just enough of the right kind of risk - no more, no less to effectively pursue their strategic goals. This is referred to as "Optimal Risk-Taking." This webinar will first take you through a step-by-step process to develop strong Risk Assessments to address key areas of your institution. Then the presenter will specifically focus on three key Risk Assessments you must have as critical components of your ERM Program: the Enterprise Risk Management Risk Assessment, Information Technology Risk Assessment, and the Internal Controls Risk Assessment. You will walk away with practical tools and examples you can implement in your organization immediately.
This webinar is for participants who have a basic foundational knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management and are looking for specific examples on how to complete these three important Risk Assessments.
Who will Benefit
- Part I:
- ERM quick overview of key definitions
- Three Key Phases of ERM and how Risk Assessments fit in
- The Risk Assessment Process
- Risk Assessment System (RAS)
- CAMELS Rating and How They Relate to Risk Assessments
- Top 8 Risks and Other Important Risks to Assess
- Annual Risk Assessments recommended and Areas Assessed
- ERM Risk Assessment Matrix - Will complete several of the major risks
- Part II:
- Information Technology areas that need to be assessed
- Information Technology Risk Assessment
- Categories Included
- Complete example of the IT Risk Assessment using Template
- Part III:
- Internal Controls Risk Assessment
- List of Areas Assessed
- Categories included
- Complete example of several Areas Assessed using Internal Controls Risk Assessment Template
This informative session is designed for Risk Managers, Chief Risk Officers, Compliance Officers, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Credit Officer, Internal Auditors, and the entire risk management team. Also, Board Directors who want to learn more about ERM and Risk Assessments and Bank Presidents involved in the risk management process and their ERM program.
Enterprise Risk Management has been around since the 1980's but it has now become more prominent in the banking industry due to increased global risks. Banks that have an ERM Program established are better positioned to grow successfully. The ERM Program based on best practices ensures banks have a strong foundation and solid infrastructure which helps them foresee and prepare for future risks while achieving their organization's vision.
Risk Assessments are at the core of the ERM Program. Financial Institutions need to conduct Risk Assessments in multiple areas. In this session, we focus on three key risk assessments.