This audio presentation by Dayna J. Reum CPP, FPC will give you the tools to document processes and help evaluate that documentation for improvements in the future as well. You will have access to a basic template for writing procedures and learn what tools to use to determine proper documentation. Know how to collect metrics and benchmark your documented processes, and learn why process documentation is the first step in process improvement.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- What goes into a payroll procedures manual?
- How to conduct an internal payroll audit?
- How to document payroll procedures?
- How to draft payroll policies?
- How do you address employee complaints about their pay check?
- How do you deal with DOL investigations?
Litigation exposure is an undeniable reality for firms in today's marketplace. Thus, it is essential that you audit & update your company's payroll procedures and manual. The session will give you vital information as how to put together an effective payroll procedure manual for your organization.
Who will Benefit
- Payroll best practices - how they have evolved
- Discuss in detail different types of industry benchmarks
- Step by step process on how to start a benchmarking program for your department
- Learn the difference between process based and data based benchmarking
- Learn how to determine best in class practices
- Learn how to determine what processes to measure and when
- What are silo's and how they hurt your business
- Details of different types of data collection methods
- The importance of customers in your benchmarking program
- Different types of customers to evaluate in your process improvement program
- Process documentation and how to properly complete it
- What tools to use to make sure process documentation is complete
- Payroll professionals at all levels
- Accounting professionals
- Human Resource professionals, Managers & Executives
Payroll is an integral part of all organisations. The payroll department is not only responsible for employees' salary compensation, but it also plays a vital role in protecting the company's reputation by ensuring compliance with various legislations.
Managing accounts and maintaining proper records of all employees' time and attendance to prepare payroll manually is a complex and time consuming process.
The manual payroll system is an inexpensive method of performing the payroll process. Manual payroll means that you, or another employee within your company, calculate the payroll each pay period entirely on paper. Hence, The employee who handles payroll must have sufficient understanding of payroll laws to capably perform the calculations.