Objectives of the Presentation
Get acquainted with the latest best practices in the process of onboarding a new employee in your organization to boost employee retention, and learn how onboarding programs help new employees perform remarkably.
For a new employee, the idea of long-term job retention should be placed in his/her mind at the very beginning. After all, you wouldn't want to lose out on a talented employee would you? The reality is that about 30% of employees don't make it past their first year due to improper orientation programs and you know that it's really expensive to hire new employees over and over again!
New employees in your company should be welcomed with a proper process because your goal as an administrator is to put up the best first impression of your company in their eyes. Conventional Orientation Programs last only a day or two and may seem boring to most employees. This is where onboarding plays a vital role. It begins as a blended learning program over a period of time where the employee learns the ins and outs of your business process in the simplest manner possible. Not only does it boost productivity of the new employee in the first year of hiring, but it also makes them confident enough to feel welcome in your organization - the first step to successful employee retention!
Why should you Attend
Good recruitment and hiring can be quickly undone by disorganized and poorly executed new employee orientation. Research reveals that onboarding boosts the chances of retaining new hires by over 69% for at least 3 years!
Onboarding is a systematic comprehensive onboarding process that boosts the long-term prospects of the new employees you hire. If there orientation is commenced with an effective program, employees can get up-to-speed quicker and stay on the job longer when their first year experience is well managed.
It can be illustrated with a simple idea - it is the difference between an employee beginning a new job and an employee becoming an intrinsic, invaluable and long-term asset of the business organization. As a business administrator or recruiter, your aim should be to fast-track new employees towards productivity and making them contribute towards the company's turnover as soon as possible.
This webinar by expert Wes Pruett sets out to illustrate the power of a streamlined and well-conceptualized onboarding process. In the webinar, he will illustrate the best practices you can use in your onboarding process that integrates the employee into the company through socialization, acculturation, training, and coaching.
Moreover, the webinar will show you how best of class programs start onboarding during recruitment and have a systematic program for the first year of work. You will also get to learn the key components to a cost-effective onboarding plan that will increase retention and productivity.
Handouts and Samples
- The purpose and benefits of a great onboarding program
- The 5 key components of a best practices onboarding program
- The four "C's": Compliance, Clarification, Culture, and Connection
- 8 Tips for enhancing Millennial onboarding
- Applying gamification to onboarding - why and how
- How to structure a comprehensive onboarding plan
- Nurturing Millennials from the start
- Five metrics to help measure effectiveness
- How to build connections with new hires
- Quickly getting Millennials to their full potential
- How retention interviews support onboarding
- An assessment of your onboarding program
- Coaching and mentoring questions to build engagement and loyalty
- How to use technology to modernize your program
- Best practices for effective programs
- Problems and pitfalls to avoid in building your program
- Tips and ideas to make your program more effective
Who will Benefit
- Coaching questions for retention and engagement
- Onboarding program assessment
- List of 50+ onboarding best practices
- Human Resources Professionals, Recruiters, Counselors, Talent Acquisition, Employee Retention and Performance Appraisers
- Managers, Team leaders, Business Unit Heads
- Supervisors, HR generalist
- Organizational Development and Training Experts