In this session, we will explore the Calendar app completely, covering ways to visualize calendar data and optimize calendar use. You'll see clever ways for you to set up your calendar to give you visual cues as to where your time is going and how to schedule intelligently to accommodate commuting to appointments, and normally unscheduled items like pre- and post-meeting activities. You'll also see different ways to work with others to schedule time, including the scheduling assistant and calendar sharing permissions. Discover the "free time trap" that can cause scheduling conflicts and how recurring meetings can be replaced with "repeatable" ones, using Quick Steps.
In the Tasks section, we'll go beyond just how to create to-do items, but how to actually set up Outlook as a Project Manager. How to collaborate on tasks and the different options for delegating work. Learn the traps of assigning tasks and how to work with other apps like SharePoint and OneNote to make working with others easier. You'll discover how to turn Outlook from a work creator into a time saver by knowing the right ways to utilize calendar and task functionality.
Objectives of the Presentation
Discover all the ways Outlook can help you manage your workload, boost your productivity and stay focused on projects and appointments. Use a program you're already familiar with to improve your efficiency. Get the most out of what Outlook has to offer with this webinar. Microsoft Certified Trainer Melissa Esquibel shows you how to:
Why Should you Attend
- Use calendar features that enable you to make clear decisions involving how you spend your time
- Utilize tasks to track and assign work
- Put Outlook to work as a project management tool
- Insert other Outlook items, such as notes, emails and tasks
- Set reminders for yourself
- Color-code information
- Keep track of it all with reminders and "at a glance" features
- And much more!
Your workday is subject to a feeding frenzy of time commitments and time wasters. It starts when you open Outlook. There are two powerful features you can use to keep you on track and optimizing your time. Even the most veteran users of Microsoft Outlook will learn tips, tricks and tools they never knew existed. These secrets will reduce duplication of effort, allow you to use your calendar data as a resource, rather than just a daily agenda. They will also allow you to use Outlook as a project management tool, rather than just a replacement for sticky notes or a legal pad with your daily to do items.
Who will Benefit
- The difference between calendar items and why it is important
- How to prepare your meeting attendees to make the most of the expensive time
- Scheduling time with others without guesswork
- Using categories to make your calendar a visual tool rather than just an information store
- How to apply categories in Tasks to give you the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Better ways to schedule recurring meetings
- Alternatives to assigning tasks and losing control of the task item
- Administrative Professional
- Administrative Assistant
- Tech Support
- Help Desk
- Operations Manager
- Office Coordinator
- Project Officer
- Project Coordinator