If the device has a very nice feature, it will please users. They are happy to have it, but probably wouldn't be disappointed if it were not included.
Kano Analysis provides the method to classify these device aspects using a pair of questions about each device characteristic for the classification. The questions are for potential or current users and the resulting analysis determines the category.
This technique allows you to include the essential aspects, the customer expectations, into your device as well as some characteristics that help increase satisfaction. The technique also helps with design validation, because it can identify patient or user needs. You can also use the information to develop design inputs and their corresponding essential design outputs.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Learn the relationship between device functionality and customer satisfaction
- Understand the three classic categories of device characteristics
- Acquire the tools to develop a questionnaire and analyze the results
- Recognize how to some categories encompass regulatory requirements
- See applications in medical device design
Product success means more than just satisfying the regulatory requirements. It means have a product that meets the user's expected needs and delights them with some nice feature. Kano Analysis is the right tool; you need to have in your tool kit.
Who will Benefit
Medical device manufacturers working on device design
- Design Engineering Managers
- Design Project Team Members
- Quality Managers
- Regulatory Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Marketing Support Team members
- Usability Engineering Specialists
An Excel workbook to analyze the responses and identify the category