The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) through their Office of Diversion Control (Diversion) is responsible for the enforcing federal laws and DEA regulations pertaining to the handling of controlled substances and regulated chemicals in order to detect and prevent the diversion of controlled substances and regulated chemicals into the illicit market.
Understanding what steps are taken by DEA investigators and their methods of audit and computation is important for registrants to know. Generally, record-keeping violations are found through the computation chart used to determine by investigator to determine any shortages or overages of controlled substances handled by the registrant.
Any violation of federal laws and DEA regulations may lead towards a civil action through the U.S. Attorney's Office which may result in fines ranging from $10,000 to $25,000 for each violation. It can lead to an administrative action including the modification of the drug schedules or revocation of a DEA registration. In many cases, the civil fines may amount in millions of dollar for the failure to maintain Due Diligence for improperly handling these products.
Why Should you Attend:
Understanding DEA method of audit and their computation is important prevent the diversion of controlled substance and regulated chemical products.
The presentation gives participants a better understanding of how DEA will determine the unaccounted loss that could be interpreted as diversion of product. The presentation will provide a method for your facility to explain those unaccounted loss.
Level - The presentation is tailored for those corporate leaders and employees of DEA registered manufacturers or distributors handling Schedules I through V controlled substances and regulated chemical products. This training will so benefit leaders and employees of registered importers, exporters, hospitals, clinics, analytical labs, researchers, pharmacy and practitioners.
Objectives of the Presentation:
Who can Benefit:
- DEA OFFICE OF DIVERSION CONTROL - This section will familiarize you with the authority given to the Diversion Group when enforcing the laws and regulations pertaining to controlled substances and regulated chemicals.
- ACTIONS BY DEA - Discuss administrative/civil actions for failure to maintain proper record-keeping.
- COMPTATION CHART - Discuss in detail the elements of a DEA Computation Chart.
- DEA RECORDKEEPING REQUIREMENTS - This section covers the required records to be maintained in order to comply with DEA regulations. Records include receiving/shipping order forms and invoices, inventories, ARCOS, Quotas, drug destructions, and theft/loss reports.
Corporate members and regulatory compliance personnel of DEA registered Manufacturer or Distributor who handle controlled substances and regulated chemical products.
Live Session - How it works
Recorded Session - How it works
- We will send Username and password 24 hours prior to webinar at your email address.
- Webinar presentation handouts will be shared in pdf format, a day before live presentation.
- Use the login details to participate in sessions.
- Clear out your queries through interactive Q&A chat boxes with the speaker.
- We need to know your experience, so please don't skip to provide us with your overall presentation feedback.
- Get certification of attendance.
- Once you purchase a webinar you will receive username and password at your email address.
- Use the login details to view recorded webinars.
- Presentation handouts will also be shared in pdf format.
- Access to the recording is valid only till 6 months starting from the date of purchase.
- Get certification of attendance.