Rogue mangers lead by fear and intimidation. They care about what people can do for them, not for the employer. They create departments in which employees are forced to work unsafely, ethics are compromised and bullying, harassment and discrimination flourish unabated. Rogue managers also hinder the groups with whom they intersect as well.
Compounding the problem is that rogue managers teach others, including junior managers, to be just like them. To survive in such a workgroup requires people act not just in unethical but unhealthy ways to survive. No company needs an unofficial training program creating more rogue managers. Emotionally healthy and talented employees with ethics and good work habits will eventually leave, leaving the employer with a group that is firmly rooted behind the rogue manager.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Determining what is a rogue manager
- How to tell if your manager has gone rogue
- Making a 360 plan for dealing with a rogue manager
- Who does what to shut down a rogue manager. The roles of HR and senior management
- Intervening with a manager who is in the process of going rogue
- Solving employee complaints and investigating the rogue manger
- Defining a plan of action for any would be rogue employees, that the rogue manager leaves behind
- Conducting a rogue manager autopsy. Determining how a rogue manager flourished
- Gone but not forgotten. Creating a new normal - clearing up the aftermath effects of a rogue manager
- How to avoid creating an environment that allows rogue managers traction
- Danger signs - Avoid hiring or promoting those who would be rogue managers
High trust, ethical and healthy companies must step up and deal with rogue managers. Because rogue managers not only run off the types of employees you would like to keep, they create dysfunction in succession plans and they create huge compliance risks. Left unchecked, rogue managers cause lawsuits, harm employees, often harm customers, and always damage a company's reputation.
Who will Benefit
- HR Professionals
- Business Owners
- Management Teams
- HR Business Partners
- Team Leaders