Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Understand the purpose and features of SharePoint
- Understand SharePoint terminology
- Learn how to set up Libraries and Lists to store information
- Learn how add and edit information
- Learn how to customize how information is displayed
- Learn how to set up site permissions to control access to the information stored in Sharepoint
Imagine that you've just joined a company, a team or project that uses SharePoint for information storage and collaboration. Or maybe you've just been handed responsibility for managing a SharePoint site.
Where do you start? How do you set up Libraries? Should you use folders? How do you keep your information secure? What are the gotchas? And what exactly is SharePoint anyway? Should I even be using it and how can it benefit my team?
To many people, SharePoint remains a bit of a mystery. In this session, Mike Thomas will provide an overview of some of the key features of SharePoint Online from both an end-user and a Site Manager point of view.
Who will Benefit
- What is the purpose of SharePoint and how can it's features benefit my team
- Creating, configuring and using Document Libraries to manage and edit shared documents
- Lists: An alternative to Excel and databases
- Using Views to streamline access to content
- SharePoint Sync: A faster way to work
- Securing a SharePoint site
- Customizing your SharePoint site's homepage
Business unit leads, managers, supervisors, data analysts, information security professionals, CIO, access administration, administrative assistant, administrative manager, site owner, site champion, SharePoint administrator, subsite owner, site administrator, subsite champion, Business Users, Project Managers, Power Users.