Foreign Bodies in Foods - Available Techniques for Their Prevention, Control and Detection
Duration: 90 Minutes
Foreign bodies are the most obvious evidence of a contaminated product, its presence in foods is among the biggest source of complaint and prosecution in the food industry. To the food processor or manufacturer, foreign body contamination can be costly and may include the cost of a product recall, legal expenses and ultimately, the costs of lost reputation and consumer confidence.
Therefore, it is essential that the food supply and allied industries act in line with the anticipated Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) that mandates all processing facilities implement comprehensive, science based preventive controls that are appropriate for their operations. This webinar will provide in-depth information on the currently available approaches to the prevention, control and detection of foreign bodies in foods.
Why Should you Attend:
Attend this webinar to understand all reasonable precautions necessary for the prevention and control of foreign bodies in food. The training will focus on how to use the due diligence defence and what is required to demonstrate this defence. This training will assists participants or companies of all sizes in the selection of relevant methods used to prevent, detect and control foreign bodies in foods.
This session will discuss what to do when a foreign body incident has occurred. This will include useful and relevant example scenarios. On completion of the training, the participants would gain enough knowledge to select detecting point and assess which approaches are appropriate to the challenges presented by the nature and scale of their operations.
Objectives of the Presentation:
Who can Benefit:
- Major sources of foreign bodies in foods
- Due diligence plan
- How to manage foreign bodies incidents
- The role of HACCP system
- Devices most effective at reducing and detecting foreign contaminants
- Factors to be considered when selecting detection and rejection systems
- Position of Food Safety Modernization Act on foreign bodies
- Food Processors and Manufacturers
- Owners of SME’s
- Food Safety Management Team Members
- VPs of Operation and Quality in Food Companies
- Hygiene Managers
- Catering Managers / Chefs Who Supervise Food Handlers
- Retail Fresh Food Managers
- Local Authority Personnel (EHO)