FDA's New Commissioner under Trump's Administration: The way forward for the FDA
Duration: 60 Minutes
How will the FDA change under the Trump administration and the new FDA Commissioner? This event will explore the implications of the Trump Administration and President Trump's pick of Dr. Scott Gottlieb as new FDA Commissioner and Tom Price as Secretary of Health & Human Services on the future of the FDA. The event will cover Trump's regulatory agenda, his deregulation task force at federal agencies and his proposed budgetary cuts. Trump's new pick for commissioner of the FDA will be discussed in detail as well as his intention to ease drug regulations and streamline the agency and the drug approval process.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- To learn about President Trump's regulatory agenda
- To understand how the Congressional Review Act may impact the FDA
- To gain an understanding of Trump's intentions for the drug & device approval process
- To learn about Tom Price, the new head of Health & Human Services
- To learn about Dr. Scott Gottlieb, the new FDA Commissioner and how he may influence the FDA
Anyone interested in the workings of the FDA and how the agency may be impacted by the Trump administration and the new FDA commissioner could benefit from this presentation.
Who will Benefit
- President Trump's stated goal to overhaul the Food and Drug Administration
- Trump's intentions to upend and streamline the drug approval process
- Dr. Scott Gottlieb, Trump's new pick for FDA Commissioner, and his potential influence on FDA What Gottlieb's recent Senate confirmation hearing reveals about his ideas
- HHS Head Tom Price and past policies that he's supported: Price's intentions for HHS programs
- Trump's proposed budget cuts, regulatory restrictions & the FDA
- Potential risks of deregulation for drugs and other FDA regulated products
- Industry reactions to Trump's call to cut regulations and streamline the agency
Regulatory Affairs managers, directors & associates, Research & Development managers, Compliance Specialists, Drug and Food labeling managers, Marketing managers and anyone involved in marketing Prescription drugs and OTC drugs, medical devices, biologics or foods in the U.S.