Exploring Recent Enforcement Actions and Legal Cases for Practical AML Compliance Lessons
Duration: 60 Minutes
This webinar will review the regulatory history and background of the financial institution involved, the findings of the regulators and law enforcement during examinations and onsite reviews, the reasoning behind the enforcement actions, and the expectation of the regulators and law enforcement going forward. It will further discuss policy changes, procedure enhancements, and operational practices the financial institution could have taken to prevent the weaknesses that caused the enforcement action.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Current enforcement actions issued by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency & FinCEN, to include the background of the financial institution involved in the enforcement action
- The regulatory history of the institution, the specific issues involved with the enforcement action
- The fine imposed by the regulator and law enforcement, and the expectations for the institution to comply with the articles of the enforcement action
- Examining recent AML enforcement actions to identify emerging regulatory priorities and trends
- Improving your current AML program with practical strategies to prevent violations and penalties
- Incorporating common themes from recent cases into your institution's compliance training
This webinar will review and discuss recent enforcement actions issued by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and FinCEN to help participants understand the process used by regulators and law enforcement when developing and issuing enforcement actions. The session will include enforcement actions for banks and money service businesses.
Attend this webinar because reviewing and analyzing the issues and violations of law identified in enforcement actions by regulators and law enforcement can help you understand, mitigate, and hopefully prevent the same types of problems in your AML program. The more aware you are of the focus regulators and law enforcement place on certain areas of bank operations, the better you can ensure that your institution has policies and procedures in place to fully compliance with all laws and regulations.
Who will Benefit
- BSA/AML Officers
- BSA/AML Auditors
- BSA/AML Staff
- Risk Managers
- AML/CTF Officers
- Law Enforcement
- Compliance Officers