Essential Tips To Make a Great First Impression Onboarding
Duration: 60 Minutes
This webinar is designed to present ideas and techniques to help large and small companies make that Great First Impression during onboarding. Onboarding is an important topic for every company. How many chances does a Company have to make a great First Impression with their Brand-New Employees? One chance on their first day as an employee. Therefore, the first day impacts that employee for their entire tenure at the company. Sometimes the first day's experience is so wretched, the new employee leaves before it is completed. Don't be That Company!
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Applying "recruiting is a sales process"
- Creating that first great impression
- Transitioning candidates to employees
- Importance of an employer brand awareness
- Training managers how to onboard new team members
- Important actions to welcome new employees
- Making impacts in our culture!
- How we differentiate ourselves
- Your peer advisor
- Expectations for your first year
- The role of executives in effective onboarding
What happens when a new employee comes on board? Respect. You need to show respect to make sure you are making a good first impression. A bad first impression can easily cause a new employee to leave immediately. It's important during onboarding to introduce the other members of the team and for those team members to be excited about the new employee. Reinforce why the company, this job and the new employee are special.
Review additional ways to show respect during onboarding and leave the new employee with a great first impression. Speaker discusses the value in providing benefits orientation that end with special benefits that differentiate your company. Mr. Humbert also discusses steps to take for a successful orientation of the new employee with their new manager.
Recruiting is a Sales Process. Onboarding is the process that leads to employee engagement and an effective retention strategy.
Important areas covered include:
Who will Benefit
- Great first impression onboarding
- Planning great impression onboarding
- Manager new report orientation
- Benefits orientation
- Organization orientation - making impacts in our company!
- Industry orientation
- Executive appearances
- Hiring Managers
- Human Resource Vice Presidents
- Human Resource Directors
- Human Resource Managers
- Human Resource Representatives
Onboarding is one of the final steps in the recruiting process. Done poorly, it may collapse a company's talent acquisition program. Performed well, it becomes the foundation for employee engagement.