Objectives of the Presentation
GET A COPY OF THE E-BOOK “THE FUNDAMENTALS OF CRISIS MANAGEMENT” FOR FREE
A must-read for every member of a company or organization, whatever its size, from the worker who puts the lug nuts, to the big shot who makes the most important decisions, The Fundamentals of Crisis Management may prove to be a perfect guide to crisis management in this constantly changing world.
The following are some key learning objectives for this webinar:
Why Should you Attend
- For the participants to understand how the final rule affects them
- To explain why EPA promulgated this role at this time
- To address the benefits of these revisions to the generator requirements
- To explain how and why the hazardous-waste generator regulations will be organized
- To address when the rule will become effective; and explain whether or not states must adopt this rule
- To make participants aware of the biennial reporting requirements so that they may be prepared
You should attend this webinar if your facility is in any way connected with the generation, treatment, storage, disposal or transport of hazardous waste. If your facility generates hazardous waste you should be very familiar with the existing rule and what it takes to maintain compliance. This webinar will present information on the changes to the rule; and how your facility will be affected.
The following areas will be covered during this webinar:
Who will Benefit
- The background of the resource conservation and recovery act
- Issues surrounding the 1980 Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Provisions to increase flexibility for generators of hazardous waste
- Improvements to environmental protection
- Provisions to improve generator compliance
- Concerns expressed concerning the 1980 act by those implementing the act
- Reorganization of the hazardous waste generator regulations
- Biennial reporting requirements
Anyone and everyone who has had experience with existing Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and its regulations should attend this webinar. This would include corporate, divisional and plant personnel. Anyone working in the health, safety or environmental area will benefit from this webinar.
The EPA hazardous waste generator regulatory program was originally promulgated in 1980. Over the last 36 or so years the agency as promulgated numerous regulations as part of implementing the hazardous waste program. During this time the agency has become aware of ambiguities, inconsistencies, gaps in the general lack of flexibility in the regulations. This rulemaking is designed to address these issues to create a program that is more effective in protecting human health and the environment. The EPA proposed these changes in late 2015 and has received more than 200 comments from those implementing the regulations such as state and local governments, the waste generating industry, the industry that manages hazardous waste, retailers, the energy sector, academia and many others.