Building Your Company FDA FSMA Preventive Control and Food Defense Plans
Duration: 120 Minutes
All food facilities registered with the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) must comply with the requirements under the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) to develop and implement a Preventive Control Food Safety Plan that includes a Food Defense Plan. The plan must also include a hazard analysis, allergen analysis, factory profile, recall plan, supply chain controls, process preventive controls, sanitation preventive controls and other items. The plan must be reviewed and approved by a preventive controls qualified individual (PCQI) and it must be validated.
Many companies are having difficulty fulfilling these requirements. The company's responsibility under FSMA is to assure that the plan is implemented, verified and validated.
For most companies, the deadline for plan development and implementation has passed. This webinar will cover plan development of the preventive control food safety plan and the development of the food defense plan.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Understand the new FDA FSMA preventive control plan and requirements
- Develop a company system to satisfy the FDA and control food safety in your operation
- Understand supplier control requirements
- Work collectively to develop the company preventive controls plan
- Know where to find all appropriate planning forms
- How can you relieve your planning frustrations
This “how to” webinar will lead you and your team through two planning options, the FDA preferred option and a more intuitive approach to planning. At the end of this webinar, your group should be able to sit down, divide up the work and get your plans finished in a couple of days.
Many individuals responsible for the development of the company preventive control food safety plan have attended a PCQI training course only to be confused. This is a chance for a company team to attend a planning webinar and to work collectively to develop the company preventive control food safety and food defense plans.
Who will Benefit
- FDA FSMA Preventive control planning
- Food defense planning
- Supplier controls
- Allergen analysis
- Sanitation preventive controls
- Recall planning
- Factory profiling
- CEOs, VP and Director Level Personnel in food companies impacted by FSMA
- Food Safety and Quality Team Members
- Quality System Personnel
- Operations and legal personnel
- Recall teams