Producing Error-Free Excel Spreadsheets
Duration: 90 Minutes
In this beneficial webinar, Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, presents numerous techniques he relies on to improve the integrity of the Excel spreadsheets he builds for himself and others. David outlines simple ways to avoid introducing errors into your workbooks, thereby saving you valuable time while working in Excel.
David teaches from Excel 2010, but provides guidance specific to Excel 2007, 2013, and 2016 as well. Coverage of Excel 2003 is available upon request.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Understand how range names can minimize errors, save time in Excel, serve as navigation aids, and store information in hidden locations
- Implement design techniques that minimize errors
- Reduce errors by arranging worksheets or workbooks side by side while building formulas
- Master lookup functions, which can lower the risk of referring to an incorrect cell
- Learn ways to restrict others from working in a spreadsheet, including using the Very Hidden property to protect sensitive worksheets
- Toggle a single worksheet between a detailed view and a summary view using the Custom Views feature (versus creating separate summary and detail worksheets)
- Discover techniques that automatically provide fallback positions in order to view previous versions of a spreadsheet
Learn to reduce errors in your Excel spreadsheets.
Who can Benefit
- Benefits of creating range names
- Design techniques that reduce errors
- Worksheet and workbook arrangements that minimize errors
- Lookup functions that lower the risk of referring to an incorrect cell
- Worksheet protection
- Custom Views feature
- Techniques that automatically provide fallback positions
- Accountants and CPAs
- Financial consultants