Microsoft Excel Data Validation Tools - Keep out Bad Data from the Start, Simplify Data Entry and Ensure Accuracy with this Powerful Feature
Duration: 90 Minutes
With Excel's data validation tools, you can control how users input data into workbooks and ensure data is entered consistently and accurately. You can control dates, times, and the length of the data they enter, or simply provide a list of acceptable choices to eliminate any possible mistakes. Using Excel's data validation tools you can also control data entry by formulas, provide dropdown lists that eliminate time-consuming and error-prone typing mistakes, control numeric data based on date and time constraints, and identify unwanted data by applying data validation rules on existing data.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Understand the scope and limitations of Data Validation rules
- Use Data Validation to control simple numerical value limits
- Use Data Validation to control text length limits
- Use Data Validation for setting limits based on date and time constraints
- Use Data Validation on existing data to reveal inappropriate or unwanted data
- Use Data Validations to set up pick lists that eliminate typing
- Use formulas in Data Validation rules to eliminate data entry errors
Excel users who need these capabilities will benefit: control the accuracy of data being entered into Excel worksheets; reduce data entry time and ensure consistency via pick lists; identify the location of Data Validation rules in existing data; insure the uniqueness of data within specified ranges.
Who will Benefit
- Testing for whole numbers and decimals
- Using the Input Message box and the Error Alert Box
- Sequencing and placing lists
- Creating two-tier pick lists
- Setting date and time limitations
- Limiting text length
- How to locate data validation rules
- How to create a Data Validation rule requiring entries to be unique
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to nearly all Excel users - it is not industry specific, but is perhaps more widely used in banking, finance, and related fields, marketing, sales, Investments, Pharmacy, Accounts, Audit, Credit Unions and Mortgage.