Documentary Letter of Credit Terms and Conditions
Duration: 60 Minutes
The objective of this 60 minute webinar is to help exporters and importers understand Letter of Credit terms and conditions that go into structuring a transaction for successful payment and receipt of goods. Attendees will learn how to use Letters of Credit to assure payment for exports, how to apply for a Letter of Credit and what terms and conditions should be used for successful transactions.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- What is a Commercial Letter of Credit
- What is a Documentary Letter of Credit
- What is a Standby Letter of Credit
- What is a SWIFT Field
- What is the Uniform Customs and Practice, UCP
- What are the terms and conditions of a Letter of Credit
- How can I assure payment for my shipment
- What are the benefits of a Letter of Credit
- What are the risks of a Letter of Credit
- Is a Letter of Credit a guarantee of payment
Companies that are involved in export and import products can use 'Documentary Letters of Credit' to purchase and sell goods globally. Letters of Credit are the primary instruments for assuring payment of goods sold internationally. Letters of Credit are issued under the Uniform Customs and Practice standard and can be negotiated by over 30,000 banks worldwide.
This session will help attendees in understanding the proper terms and conditions that make up a Letter of Credit which in-turn will assist you in its reliable payment. At the end of this session, the speaker will handle questions and address any challenges attendees may face regarding Letter of Credit terms and conditions.
Who will Benefit
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all companies that export or import goods and need to be assured they will receive payment and their goods.
- Export companies
- Import companies
- Freight Forwarding companies that must ship under a Letter of Credit
- Bank staff involved with bank trade finance services